Kris Leonhardt, Esq.
Ms. Leonhardt received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from Indiana
cum laude in 2005. She received her Juris Doctorate from Arizona State University's
Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in 2008, graduating
cum laude. In law school, Ms. Leonhardt was a Pedrick Scholarship Recipient, and she
worked for the Arizona Justice Project. Ms. Leonhardt also participated
in the ASU Lodestar Mediation Clinic, during which time she volunteered
to conduct over 30 hours of pro bono mediations. Additionally, Ms. Leonhardt
served as a Court-Appointed Law Clerk in an appellate proceeding for a
death row inmate, and she worked for a forensic psychology firm where
she assisted in reviewing materials relevant to custody evaluations, competency
evaluations, and family court interventions. She is also a member of the
Scottsdale Bar Association.
Some of her most notable achievements include:
- One of the "10 Best" Family Law Attorneys by the American Institute
of Family Law Attorneys
- 2016 Client Distinction Award by Matindale-Hubbell
- 2016 Clients' Choice Award by Avvo
- 2015 Client Distinction Award by Matindale-Hubbell
- 2014 Client Distinction Award by Matindale-Hubbell
- 2014 Lead Counsel Rated in Family Law
- 2014 Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers in Arizona by National Trial Lawyers
- 2012-2013 Pro Bono Volunteer Lawyer's Program Honor Roll by Maricopa
County Bar Association
Ms. Leonhardt was admitted to the practice of law in Arizona in 2008 and
Kentucky in 2010. Since graduating from law school, Ms. Leonhardt has
worked extensively in the area of family law, and she spent two years
as an Assistant Attorney General in the Child and Family Protection Division.
Ms. Leonhardt is a second generation attorney, following in the footsteps
of her father, uncles, and brother.