Michelle J. Perkins, Esq.
Ms. Perkins is the Managing Partner of Owens and Perkins, P.C. in Scottsdale.
Ms. Perkins was admitted to the practice of law in Arizona in 1994 and
was a sole practitioner for two years. She then co-founded Owens and Perkins,
P.C. with her grandfather, C.D. Owens.
Some of her most notable achievements include:
- 2017, 2016 & 2015 Nation's Top One Percent by National Association
of Distinguished Counsel
- Top 5% of family law lawyers by Southwest Super Lawyers
- Award of Excellence by Scottsdale Bar Association
- 2017 10 Best by the American Institute of Family Law
- 2017 Top One Percent by The American Registry of Business Excellence
- 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014 AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award, SWON: Successful Women Owners Network,
- 2016 Top Lawyers of Arizona by the Arizona Republic
- 2015, 2014 & 2013 Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2015 & 2014 America's Most Honored Professional by The American Registry
- 2015 & 2014 Client's Choice Award by Avvo
- 2015 Top Lawyers in Arizona by the Arizona Republic
- 2015 Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2015 Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Arizona by National Academy of Family
Law Attorneys, Inc.
- 2014 Arizona's Top Ten Attorneys for Family Law by AZ Business Magazine
- 2014 Top Valley Lawyers by North Valley Magazine
- 50 Most Influential Women in Arizona Business for 2013 by AZ Business Magazine
- 2012 Arizona's Top Ten Estate and Trust Litigation Attorneys by AZ
- 2012 Best of Arizona Business Attorneys by AZ Business Magazine
Ms. Perkins is the former Chair of the Maricopa County Bar Association
Family Law Section (2005-2006), former member of the Superior Court Domestic
Relations/Mental Health Committee (2005-2006), former Board Member (6
years) and current member of the Scottsdale Bar Association, former Arbitrator
for the State Bar Fee Arbitration Committee and former Board Member of
the Homeless Legal Assistance Project (6 years).
Ms. Perkins was a member of the Arizona Chapter of the Entrepreneur’s
Organization (11 years), an organization dedicated to transforming the
lives of entrepreneur's who transform the world, and Successful Women
Owners Network (SWON), recognizing women who embody innovation, growth,
community service and lifetime achievement. Ms. Perkins has also taught
continuing legal education seminars to fellow attorneys. And, Ms. Perkins'
volunteer efforts have been for the Maricopa County Superior Court where
she sat as a Judge Pro Tem in both family law and probate matters, with
an emphasis on settlement conferences for complex, high conflict litigation.