Enforcement of Court Orders

Enforcement of Court Orders

Consult with a Scottsdale Divorce Attorney

A divorce results in a legally binding court order, requiring all involved parties to adhere to its terms. Unfortunately, insubordinate ex-spouses may sometimes choose to violate these orders and create a whole new set of legal issues. If you are in need of assistance enforcing a court order established during your divorce, our Scottsdale family lawyers at Owens & Perkins, P.C. are here for you. Backed by more than 80 years of combined legal experience and an AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, we can provide the powerful representation you need to ensure your rights are upheld.

Contact our office online today to discuss your situation in full detail.

Enforcing a Wide Range of Court Orders

During a divorce, spouses are tasked with either coming to an agreement on a wide variety of critical aspects of your day-to-day lives and finances or the Court will decide for you. If your divorce was contested, typically one or both parties are unhappy with some or all of the Court Orders. If a paying spouse is unhappy with what the Court ordered, it is possible that your ex-spouse may have a higher inclination to ignore the Court’s orders, requiring you to seek enforcement.

Court orders that are frequently violated include those surrounding the following issues:

Regardless of whether your spouse has failed to meet the requirements of a court order through willful disobedience or simple forgetfulness, you have the right to seek to have your orders enforced. Whether through police involvement or petitioning to have the courts hold your spouse in contempt of court, our team of advocates can help you pursue a course of action that maximizes your chances of securing the results you desire.

Contact the Police in Case of Emergency

Sometimes, ex-spouses may choose to ignore a legal decision making/custody/parenting time order and keep the child/children without the legal right to do so. While this may be an honest mistake in some cases, it could be considered custodial interference or parental kidnapping. If you have reason to believe that your ex-spouse has taken your child with the intention of fleeing the state without your permission, or has taken your child without the intention of relinquishing custody, it is imperative you contact your local police department immediately. If you want to review the Arizona law on custodial interference CLICK HERE - Arizona law on custodial interference.

Obtain Tenacious Legal Support – Call (480) 630-2464

Enforcing a court order is not an easy task – and it should certainly not be attempted alone. At Owens & Perkins, our Scottsdale family lawyers understand the frustrations that can arise when an uncooperative spouse fails to live up to their court-ordered responsibilities and we are prepared to do everything within our power to ensure your rights are protected. Your livelihood and wellbeing are at stake when a court order is violated. Let us put our knowledge and skills to work for you so you can rest easy.

Schedule a free 30-minute case review today to review your legal options in detail.

Contact Us

By clicking here you acknowledge that submitting your information to Owens & Perkins, P.C. does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. A conflict check must be run prior to you communicating with one of our attorneys.