Michelle J. Perkins, Esq.Managing Partner
After being admitted to the practice of law in 1994, Ms. Perkins was a sole practitioner for two years before forming Owens & Perkins with her maternal grandfather, C.D. Owens.
No one else in the family is an attorney and Michelle had the wonderful privilege of working side by side with her grandfather for twenty-three years. After an extraordinary 68-year legal career, C.D. retired in 2017. We literally have generations representing generations.
Ms. Perkins is well known for her practice in the area of family law, including representing generations of clients whose families have been represented by the firm since Mr. Owens arrived in Arizona back in 1967. Things have certainly changed over the years, but through good times and bad, the firm has been here for our valued clients, and in 2017 the firm celebrated its 50 Year Anniversary.
Ms. Perkins believes in giving back and has held many pro bono positions over the years, including serving as: the Chair of the Maricopa County Bar Family Law Section (2 years), serving on the Superior Court Domestic Relations/Mental Health Committee (2 years), a Board Member of the Scottsdale Bar Association (6 years), a Board Member of the Homeless Legal Assistance Project (6 years) and serving as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court in family law and probate matters, with an emphasis on settlement conferences for complex, high asset, high conflict litigation.
Ms. Perkins’ professional organizations include the Arizona Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (11 years), an organization dedicated to transforming the lives of entrepreneurs who transform the world of business, and Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”), recognizing women who embody innovation, growth, community service and lifetime achievement.
In recognition of her outstanding work, some of her most notable achievements include:
- Avvo Top-Rated Lawyer by the Legal Community / 2018
- Top Lawyers—For Excellence and Achievement by the Arizona Republic / 2015 / 2016 / 2018
- Arizona’s Top Lawyers by AZ Business Magazine / 2012 / 2014
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”), Republic Media, Arizona Republic / 2016
- 50 Most Influential Women in Arizona Business by AZ Business Magazine / 2013
- Lifetime Achievement Award—America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- AV Preeminent Rated—Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal ability and Ethical Standards by both peers and Judges—Martindale-Hubbell
- Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell / 2013 / 2014 / 2015
- Client Champion Platinum by Martindale-Hubbell / 2017
- Nation’s Top 1% by National Association of Distinguished Counsel / 2015 / 2016 / 2017
- “10 Best” by the American Institute of Family Law / 2017
- Client’s Choice Award by Avvo / 2012—2017
- Award of Excellence by Scottsdale Bar Association / 2009
- Top 5% of family law lawyers by Southwest Super Lawyers / 2007