On Tuesday, April 8, 2014, Kris Leonhardt was one of ten attorneys who volunteered for Lawyers on Call. Lawyers on Call is a public service program hosted by the State Bar of Arizona, azcentral.com and Channel 12 News, where people can call in and receive free legal advice regarding specified topics.
This was Ms. Leonhardt's first time participating in Lawyers on Call. Ms. Leonhardt answered questions pertaining to Family Law which included divorce and legal separation, child support, paternity and grandparent right matters. She was primarily responsible for responding to all inquiries that came in through Facebook as well as answering phone calls.
From 5 to 7 p.m., the volunteers answered 148 calls on family law issues and an additional 41 consumers were assisted via social media, totaling 189 people who were helped by the Lawyers on Call program that night.
Typical questions that were posed by callers were:
- How do I modify current child support payments?
- How do I request/establish child support?
- How do I modify custody and parenting time?
- How can I request grandparent's rights? What are my rights as a grandparent?
- Can I travel outside of the country with my children?
- What are the differences between a legal separation and a divorce? Pros/cons?
- How do we divide assets?
- Do I qualify for spousal maintenance?
- Do I need to hire an attorney to file for divorce?
If you, or a loved one, find yourselves needing a family law attorney, you do not have to wait for the next Lawyers on Call date, instead feel free to call the Scottsdale office of Owens & Perkins at 480.630.2464 to schedule a frr 30-minute phone consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.