Termination of Parental Rights

Rachel Fitch

Any person or agency that has a legitimate interest in the welfare of a child, including, but not limited to, a relative, a foster parent, a physician, the department or a private licensed child welfare agency, may file a petition for the termination of the parent-child relationship alleging any of the following grounds

  • Abandonment
  • Neglect or willful abuse
  • Mental illness, mental deficiency or a history of chronic abuse of dangerous drugs, controlled substances or alcohol.
  • Felony incarceration
  • Failure to file a paternity action
  • Failure to file a notice of claim of paternity
  • Relinquishment
  • Out-of-home placement
    • Nine months willful refusal to remedy
    • Six months willful refusal to remedy and the child is under the age of three
    • Fifteen months inability to remedy
  • Unknown parent
  • Prior termination within two proceeding years
  • Reunification and removal with 18 months

Contact Owens & Perkins for a free ½ hour consultation at (480) 630-2464.


Contact Our Firm Today

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your middle initial.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your opposing party.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please enter your city.
    • Please enter your state.
    • Please enter your zip.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
      You entered an invalid number.
    • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
    • Must be checked to submit.
Put Us On Your Side