Scottsdale Spousal Maintenance Attorney
Spousal maintenance remains one of the most highly contested and litigated issues in a divorce or legal separation in the state of Arizona. If you believe you may be entitled to an award of spousal maintenance or your spouse is seeking an award of spousal maintenance from you, Owens & Perkins, P.C. encourages you to contact us at once for a free 1/2 hour phone consultation.
Schedule a free 30-minute phone consultation today to discuss your case.
Understanding Spousal Maintenance Laws in Arizona
Alimony, or spousal maintenance as it is referred to in Arizona, is the monthly amount of money that one spouse may have to pay the other during and after the divorce proceeding. Many factors are involved when it comes to awarding spousal maintenance.
Arizona Revised Statute § 25 - 319 sets forth the factors that the court must consider to determine whether an individual is entitled to spousal maintenance.
- Factors the Court will consider when deciding spousal maintenance awards include:
- Resources of the spouse seeking an award of spousal maintenance
- Employment status and employment history
- Earning ability
- Reasonable needs
- The spouses' income disparity
- Length of marriage
- Standard of living established during the marriage
The court will need to make three decisions in regard to an award of spousal maintenance:
- Is a spouse eligible to receive spousal maintenance?
- How much will the other spouse have to pay?
- How long will the payments be required?
Legal Guidance from Our Scottsdale Lawyers
We have more than 65 years of combined experience handling a wide range of cases associated with family law and a range of other legal matters. We can help you with every aspect of your divorce, including spousal maintenance.
If you choose to work with our firm, you will be treated like family. We are committed to helping our clients like a person, rather than just a case number. Call our firm at (480) 630-2464 today!