Michelle J. Perkins, Esq.Managing Partner
Founding the Firm
No one else in the family is an attorney and Michelle had the wonderful privilege of working side by side with her grandfather for 23 years. After an extraordinary 68-year legal career, C.D. retired in 2017. We literally have generations representing generations.
Attorney Michelle Perkins is well known for her practice in the area of family law, including representing generations of clients whose families have been represented by the firm since Mr. Owens arrived in Arizona back in 1967. Things have certainly changed over the years, but through good times and bad, the firm has been here for our valued clients, and in 2017 the firm celebrated its 50 Year Anniversary.
Ms. Perkins believes in giving back and has held many pro bono positions over the years, including serving as:
- Chair of the Maricopa County Bar Family Law Section
- Serving on the Superior Court Domestic Relations/Mental Health Committee
- Board Member of the Scottsdale Bar Association
- Board Member of the Homeless Legal Assistance Project
- Serving as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court in family law and probate matters, with an emphasis on settlement conferences for complex, high asset, high conflict litigation.
Ms. Perkins’ professional organizations include the Arizona Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, an organization dedicated to transforming the lives of entrepreneurs who transform the world of business, and Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”), recognizing women who embody innovation, growth, community service and lifetime achievement.
In recognition of her outstanding work, some of her most notable achievements include:
- AV Preeminent Rated—Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal ability and Ethical Standards by both peers and Judges—Martindale-Hubbell
- Avvo Top-Rated Lawyer by the Legal Community / 2018
- Top Lawyers—For Excellence and Achievement by the Arizona Republic / 2015 / 2016 / 2018/ 2019
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award / 2012-2018
- Lifetime Achievement Award—America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Client Champion Platinum by Martindale-Hubbell / 2017
- Nation’s Top 1% by National Association of Distinguished Counsel / 2015 / 2016 / 2017
- “10 Best” by the American Institute of Family Law / 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”), Republic Media, Arizona Republic / 2016
- Meet Our Team at Owens & Perkins
- About Our History
- Read Client Testimonials
- View Our Awards & Recognition
- Giving Back to the Community
If you need representation you can rely on,
contact Owens & Perkins, Attorneys at Law today! Schedule a free 30-min. phone consultation!
Michelle believes in giving back and has held many pro bono positions over the years, including:
- Chair of the Maricopa County Bar Family Law Section (2 years)
- Serving on Superior Court Domestic Relations/Mental Health Committee (2 years)
- Board Member of the Scottsdale Bar Association (6 years)
- Board Member of the Homeless Legal Assistance Project (6 years)
- Serving as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court
Arizona Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (11 years)
- An organization dedicated to transforming the lives of entrepreneurs who transform the world of business.
Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”)
- An organization dedicated to recognizing women who embody innovation, growth, community service and lifetime achievement.